To make things easier when your pet is scheduled for surgery, we have put together a list of things to know prior to your pet's procedure.
- Remove your pet's food by 8 PM the night before surgery and make sure NOT to feed breakfast or treats. It's important to still provide water.
- We will check your pet into the hospital between 7:30-8 AM. If you can not check-in during the designated time please let our staff know so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
- When you arrive please make sure your pet is on a leash or in a carrier. Sometimes the lobby can be busy in the morning and since not all pets are friendly we want to keep your pet safe.
- Our staff will get you in an exam room to go over your pet's procedure, paperwork, and any questions. This process is usually quite quick but can sometimes take up to 20 minutes so please give yourself enough time.
- If your pet is on any medications, supplements or special food please bring us a list of the products and dosages. This will ensure your pet doesn't miss a treatment or get inappropriate medications while at the clinic.
- Before surgery a veterinarian will examine your pet and evaluate their bloodwork. This is to ensure your pet is healthy enough for surgery. It also helps us determine the best and safest anesthetic agents & pre-medications for your individual pet.
- After the surgery a technician or veterinarian will call you with an update on how your pet did through surgery. We will confirm what time your pet can go home at this time.
If you have questions about what to expect, or about anything that is not covered above please contact the clinic 402-334-1660.